Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rose with Tea


sold

Lots to report! First of all, the reason I haven't posted in a while is I discovered a new weed in our front yard that turned out to be poison oak. For those of you who've been with me a while, yes, this has happened before, but I swear the Oregon version is totally different that the Texas version! So I've been dealing with that for the past couple of weeks.

During that time I taught a workshop on Vancouver Island, Canada. Unfortunately they had to look at my monster face all week, but despite that they were very nice. One gal (named Carol Jean, same as me!) even made t-shirts for the occasion (more on this soon).


The space we were in was huge, so everyone had plenty of room to spread out. I always spend a lot of time reminding my kids to squint, and the best way to do that is to close one eye and squint the other. One gal felt it would be easier to tape half of her glasses instead. : ) Below are cropped versions of most of my demos. (I've been looking for a photo collage program for my pc and so far I'm not crazy about this one. Anyone have a good suggestion?)


Below are my Canada kids. This was a really great group. Honestly, I can't say one bad thing about them. Anyone who can put up with a rashy, itchy istructor for 5 days deserves my full respect! Aren't they cute?!

12 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love the painting and the t-shirts! So sorry you got poison oak again. Know you still had fun. Where on Vancouver Island??? I'll be in Victoria this summer - my husband's favorite place. Will hit Olympic Nat'l Park as well. Hope you are doing well!! xoxo

Crystal Cook said...

Carol I've missed you!!! Yikes about the poison oak, but you don't look bad in those pics at all.

And ermygersh I *need* one of those do it daily CM style shirts SO BAD!!!

_ said...

Carol...first I hope you are feeling better. That stuff is a BIG bummer!
I use a website call PicMonkey and love it. It's easy to use and doesn't add any watermarks.

http://www.picmonkey.com/

Take care!
Denton Loomis [.com]

Karen Werner said...

What a fun post! Poison oak not so fun. Hope you're doing better. Happened to me once. Felt like torture. Your paintings are fabulous as usual.

Sand Hill Art said...

I had Oregon poison ivy once. The worse part is not knowing what is itching, then scratching it and inadvertently spreading it about.
Miserable stuff. Poor you.

Linda Popple said...

So sorry about the poison oak! Yikes! As always I always enjoy hearing about your kids - and being one with fond memories I can relate. They look like a great group!!

Try Picmonkey.com for your collage. It's free!

Donna Weathers said...

Feel better! It looks like it was a really fun class!

Unknown said...

I've used PicMonkey online and the cropping is not too bad. Perhaps the paid version has better collage cropping...

Amy Stewart said...

I love Picasa for photo collages, and generally for photo organization/minor editing. Bonus is that it is integrated with Blogger.

Barbara Pask said...

Welcome back, we missed you. Sorry to hear you have been suffering, are you better? Looks like a great group again.

steinaei.blog.is said...

What a fun post and a wonderful group you have there, hop you are feeling betting Carol.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Zanfel will help you next time you are exposed to Poison Oak. It works great. Love the posts.