Tuesday, March 09, 2010

"Apple Train" - SOLD & "Apples in Glass" - SOLD




Above is the demo I did yesterday for the Wimberley Art League. Usually I field questions while I paint, but this time I asked them to be held until the end. I'm not sure if it was better or worse for the viewers, but I really enjoyed it, and did a better painting because I was able to give it my full attention. They had a camera and a screen so they could project the painting large for everyone to see. It was way cool. I ended up getting home so late I didn't have time to post yesterday's painting, so I am doing both now, tonight.

4 comments:

Shirley Peters said...

Both are beautiful paintings. Love the colours, and the tonal values.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I hear you about needing to concentrate to paint. These are both beautiful.
I'm inspired to try to paint the clear glass plate I picked up at Goodwill recently. We'll see if it makes it to my blog.
Your color is just singing!!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Lovely!

mary maxam said...

Love all your apples and the various wonderful compositions you come up with....what an editing eye !