Monday, July 13, 2009

"Pyramid" - SOLD



Click Here to Bid

A few of you asked for more details about the frames I use. I should mention first of all that when I ordered this last batch for my show, my supplier informed me it would be the last! They are discontinuing this style. Argh! I was using Omega Moulding and buying just the moulding in 10 ft lengths, then cutting and putting them together ourselves.

A floating frame from the end is basically an L shape. They are really intended for stretched canvas, so for a panel they must be modified. If you can image putting a backing on the panel so it's LIKE a stretched canvas, that's close to what we've done. We make a square frame out of 3/4" baltic burch plywood that goes almost to the edges of the back of the panel, then put the whole thing together.

And in answer to one more question, there are 40 paintings in my show.

5 comments:

Karen Wilkerson said...

I looked at the preview of your show and can't wait to see it in person. I love your daily works, but your large pieces are extraordinary. I wish I could have made it to the opening. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. Good luck with the show. Your work is beautiful.

Fernando Pena said...

Hi Carol, I paint watercolors, but I loved your oils, small and not so small paintings, glad to have find your work

Helena Marette said...

Your blog has been chosen to receive the "One Lovely Blog Award"

The rules of the award are:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. (you can find the award on my blog http://helenamarette.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html)

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is wonderful! Love the red peeking through.

ski holm said...

I enjoy the freshness and the efficiency of your work. They are wonderful observations.

I've used floater frames Metro Frame for years (www.metroframe.com). They're not cheap but they are high quality and I think they have a profile just for panels. Looks like a great exhibit. You're right about the solo exhibit openings. They're a huge ego boost. That is until you get home and have to take out the garbage or clean the litter box. I enjoy your blog very much. Thanks