Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Practically Six" --- SOLD



When I set up these red apples against the green ground I thought "now that's an eye twister" but then because of the way I had the glass and some paper beneath it I got this line of turquiose along the bottom row. As soon as I saw that I knew I had to paint it. It was a fun one.

Tomorrow I am giving a demo/talk to the Daughters of the American Revolution. The demo piece will be given to someone in the audience, so I won't be able to post it. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Carol,
Cool idea and great results with the mirrored apples.
Hey, tommorrow, take your camera and get a photo of the painting before it goes away. Would love to hear more about your talk...

Dana S. Whitney said...

Yes, we don't want to miss a day! Must get some square canvases...

georgiana ewing said...

Carol, what an original idea. Love the reflections with the bit of blue. You are an inspiration.

Jean Crow Artist said...

Carol, where is your demo/talk happening? And what time? Love your ideas/paintings!

Jennifer Young said...

I love checking in on your dailies. The combination of bold brushwork, simple concise form, strong abstract structure and luscious color are uniquely yours.