Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Mandarin on the Side" --- SOLD



I got really frustrated trying to arrange this one. I started with a whole mandarin on the plate. Then I cut it in two - still on the plate. That wasn't working. So I took them off the plate. No go. So I cut a half in two - back on the plate. Nope. I tell you I tried so many combinations I thought I wouldn't have any time left to paint. And then suddenly I came upon this arrangement and it was as if it had been waiting to happen the whole time. Ahhhh. I love it when that happens. Too bad it took so darn long.

3 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Carol. This composition works beautifully and I love the color harmony. Have been reading your posts on value and meant to ask what white are you using? I switched from titanium to titanium/zinc recently- it is less stark white and a little more transparent so it also is less chalky. You might want to give it a try!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Looks like all that frustration worked! The composition is great and of course your colors, as always are gorgeous.

Ambera said...

It's really cute, and the composition is really strong. Well worth the effort!