Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Two Pair" --- SOLD



When I first started this daily paintings practice, I mostly painted one thing at a time: one apple, one leaf, etc. A month or so later, a friend asked "why don't you put more into them?" At that point I don't think I was ready to do much more than very simple compositions. Each time I tried something tougher, I hated the result. But then slowly, over time, I became more confident, and steadily painted more challenging set-ups. Today I painted ... well 6 things really: 2 pears, 2 bottles, and 2 flowers. Dude. I think that's the most so far.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Dude - I like your six things! Another great painting. Do you ever think of taking one of your small paintings/compositions and blowing it up to a much larger size? I think "One on a Plate" is incredible and would be great at say, 36"x48"

Helen Read said...

Well, I think its a great composition!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I think you've got it :D
Love your sunflowers, all of them!