Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Day Lily" --- n/a



Thank you, Wayne and Carol, for the beautiful flowers! I picked one out today and painted it. Now my whole studio smells like a day lily.

When I was trying to pick a background for this, I tried all sorts of patterned fabric, and colored paper. Nothing seemed to work. Every color/pattern battled with the pink and white of the flower. I finally settled on black construction paper. Extremely sophisticated, yet no one can tell in the painting. Unless ... I ... tell everyone ... dang it!

2 comments:

sandy said...

Your work is beautiful. I found your link at Swan and Thistle..

Just gorgeous and I'll be back to see more!

sandy

Brendy Vaughn said...

Beautiful painting - the dark background really makes the flower stand out.

Your comments crack me up! I get to see beautiful work and get a laugh all at the same blog!