Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"New Scarf" --- SOLD



I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days, but am back to painting finally!

I was walking through Target last week and this polka-dot scarf called to me.

"Carol," it said "you NEED me."

My favorite color is green, but lately I am finding myself inexplicably drawn to turquoise. Don't get me wrong, I am loyal to green...but there's something about turqoise. And dots too... I find I really like the interplay of colors that are right next to each other on the color wheel. Like...red and orange together. Or blue and green...or turquise and green. The trick, I think, is making sure the values are interesting as well.

1 comment:

Wayne Gaudon said...

Glad you're feeling better. Love to open a blog and see new work posted. Again, a very beautiful piece of work.

Wayne