Friday, May 25, 2007

"Lemon Dots" --- SOLD



Still playing around with my new brush. I'm trying to find a way to combine brushes so that I get soft edges in some places, and hard in others, but still maintain consistency.

I think I've mentioned that I have a young son (2 yrs old now). When we first brought him home I was really worried about the toxicity of all my painting paraphenalia, so my husband and I brain-stormed about how we could make it more safe, for the baby and for me. I use Gamsol by Gamblin, which is supposed to be a pretty safe spirits, and I'm a fairly clean painter - don't get paint all over myself when I work. We figured the biggest thing to worry about was the fumes, since I paint inside with no ventilation. So after researching and discovering that paint/spirits fumes are heavy and sink, my handy husband built a "trough" at the bottom of my easel that catches the fumes and transports them, through a large tube, out through the window (using a fan). I have posted some pictures of this. It seems to work great - not going crazy - haven't seen any pink elephants lately...

2 comments:

Chris said...

That ventilation system is brilliant. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

I love your technique. You create such a whimsical nature to fruits with light, brush strokes and color! How fabulous, your work is lovely.