Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A Warm Spot to Wait



Click Here to Bid (10x10in. - OIL -starts at $200)

Here's another one from Florence. I wanted to experiment with unfinished edges, and decided this was the perfect scene for it. It was a challenge though because I use a grid when I'm painting people so I can get all my people parts in the right places. : ) I didn't want to leave grid lines behind so I only used them in the upper right quadrant (where the people are). I also changed a few things - there was a big trashcan, left, front, and I took that out; the backpack in front was an odd color that demanded a lot of attention, so I changed that; and a few other little things. It was tough to decide what edges to "lose," and how to do it, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments: